Employment at the NAACP
The NAACP is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. As the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization, the NAACP has worked successfully with allies of all races who believe in and stand for the principles on which this organization was founded. If you are looking for a dynamic professional growth opportunity, the NAACP offers an exciting and challenging mission to embrace diversity change while impacting social justice.
Current Job Openings
- College and Young Adult Organizer
- Communication Associate (2 positions)
- Economic Education Specialist
- Environmental & Climate Justice Communications Intern (1 position)
- Executive Assistant
- Executive Assistant, Scheduling
- Legal Support Specialist
- Manager School Discipline Initiative
- Program Coordinator, Health Programs (HIV)
- Program Specialist Criminal Justice
- Racial Profiling Fellow
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 1
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 2
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 3
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 4
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 5
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 6
- Regional Field Organizer - Region 7
- Senior Manager Voting Rights Initiative
- Temporary ACTSO Assistant
- Washington Bureau Counsel
- Youth Organizer
Please note that due to the high number of candidates, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries regarding the status of vacancies. All positions listed above are still vacant and we will continue to accept resumes until a position is filled. If you have already submitted your resume for consideration, your experience and qualifications will be reviewed along with the requirements for our current open positions. Should we need additional information or wish to arrange an interview, we will contact you.
We wish you much success in reaching your career objectives.
The NAACP offers the following benefits to all regular full-time employees:
- 401(k) plan
- Pension Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account plan for healthcare, dependent care and transportation expenses
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Family and Medical Leave Act benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestr y, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders.
This policy applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, organization members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.